Applicants to our Master of Science degree program must meet the minimum requirements of the UW-Madison Graduate School, as well as those of our CHI program:
- Personal Statement – Tell us more about you, your interest in this profession, and why you wish to earn a graduate degree in CHI. You may also note any (or none) of the following information:
- What will make you successful in CHI graduate program coursework?
- What challenges do you anticipate facing while being a graduate student? What support might you need?
- What unusual circumstances would you like considered when faculty review your application? This may include reasons for past academic performance, career changes, life challenges, etc.
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Successful completion of a college level statistics course, analytical/computational course, or equivalent work experience
While not required, you will benefit from already having:
- work experience in information technology, statistics, computer science, health care, or similar field(s) – or are highly motivated to pursue a career change
- a focused area of interest in informatics, data analytics, clinical care or research, health information technology or similar fields
Please complete the online application before the following deadlines:
- Spring term admission – by December 15th
- Summer term admission – by April 15th
- Fall term admission – by July 15th