International Students – please note that we do not provide any type of visa to study in the United States.
Since all coursework is online, you also won’t need to relocate.
Capstone Certificate online students are admitted as University Special students by Adult Career and Special Student Services (ACSSS): https://acsss.wisc.edu/apply/. An application is received and processed by ACSSS with final decision held for approval by the Clinical & Health Informatics Program Director.
Applicants must meet the minimum requirements of the UW-Madison Graduate School, as well as those of our CHI program:
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
- Personal Statement – describing the role of the Capstone Certificate in your career goals. If there is no previous academic or career experience in health, information technology, or similar fields, the statement must provide a plan for how program knowledge will be applied professionally.
- Spring term admission – by January 1st
- Summer term admission – by May 1st
- Fall term admission – by August 15th
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Personal statement – Describe your reasons for applying and your career goals. Depending on your situation, it may help to also answer one of the following questions:
- What will make you successful in CHI graduate program coursework?
- What challenges do you anticipate facing while being a graduate student? What support might you need?
- What unusual circumstances would you like considered when faculty review your application? This may include reasons for past academic performance, career changes, life challenges, etc.
While not required, you will benefit from already having:
- a college-level statistics or analytical/computational course, or equivalent work experience
- work experience in information technology, statistics, computer science, health care, or similar
- a focused area of interest in informatics, data analytics, clinical care, health information technology or similar
Complete the online application before the following deadlines:
- Spring term admission – by December 15th
- Summer term admission – by April 15th
- Fall term admission – by July 15th
“The Capstone Certificate was the perfect option to ease into formal education after sixteen years of full-time employment in nursing. The program provided me with the opportunity ‘get my toes wet’ before committing to the master’s degree and continue at a pace that works for me, my job, and my family”.
– Sarah Wolf, RN, BSN, CCP Capstone Certificate 2022, Current MS-CHI Student